Friday, August 20, 2010

Open Mic Night

So last week, some of my friends hosted an Open Mic Night and I was one of the acts enlisted to play. About a month prior, I was working on material with a friend and we had just about perfected our choice song. Then in the final week before, and because of musical differences (he thought it wasn't "hardcore" enough), we decided to do our own set piece. Long story short, I was set to perform in front of a crowd of 100 alone instead of with my friend. And once the event was taking place, I grew more and more anxious as I hastily crossed off the people in the list who had already performed. My heart raced, it was difficult to breath, and I recited my piece just before I was set to play. When I was on stage, everything just ebbed away and I was in complete control. I couldn't explain it. It was perplexing, but very exciting. I hope to put myself out there more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment