Monday, January 16, 2012

Dearly Beloved I - Hope

January 22, 2013

Dearly Beloved,

           New Year's celebrations have come and went - and what's left to do now are to commit to those spontaneous resolutions we tend to keep until the end of January. But still, what new and fresh adventures lie in store for us? Well, I have decided on what resolution I want to keep until the end of January: I want to become aware of what exists around me. I want to learn to absorb the meticulous details of life, like the way you do. I want to take a stand for a cause, like the way you do. I want to look at the bizzarre, the amazing, and the stupefying with long, pensive looks only to falsely exclaim, "This makes perfect sense!", like the way you do.

           I have always admired this in you, did you know? You were always like a surrealist painting, so full of life and intrigue with every stroke of the brush in your canvas of life. By comparison, I always felt more minimalistic, as if there's more to be done, and yet I'm complete as it is. Though I wasn't always aware of this, I don't mind this stark contrast; you always were the better half. But now, it's the new year and I have this inexorable desire to become acclimated with the artistic works of DaVinci, Escher, and Warhol; to recite the poetry of Allighieri, Mandelstam, and Frost; and to photograph life the way you do through your green lenses.

           And in the end, I want to share my newfound discoveries with you. I want to leave an indelible mark on your senses as this year goes by. I want to excite and sedate you; to give you heartbreak and unrequited love; to share the sights these eyes have seen, and take you places you never dreamed possible.

                                           With a love that promises new experiences,

                                                                                               Your Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment